Occupational Health & Safety Assessment
OHSAS 18000 is an international occupational health and safety management system specification. The specification is comprised of two parts, 18001 and 18002, and embraces BS 8800 and a number of other publications.
The standard follows the structure of ISO 14001, requiring top-level commitment to compliance with legislation, prevention of accidents, promotion of good health and continual improvement.
Moody International Certification Ltd is one of the few certification bodies offering accredited certification services to OHSAS 18001.
The OHSAS specification is applicable to any organisation that wishes to:
- Establish an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to activities with OH&S risks
- Assure compliance with its own OH&S policy
- Demonstrate such compliance to the stakeholders
- Implement, maintain and continually improve an OH&S management system
- Make a self-determination and declaration of compliance with this OHSAS specification
- Seek third party independent certification of its OH&S management system
An OHSAS 18000 audit assists in a variety of business respects. It helps to minimise risk to employees and other interested parties; improve an existing OH&S management system; demonstrate diligence; gain assurance; among others.
The Occupational Health and Safety Management System supports organisations to create a culture of safety and maintain business sustainability.
- Internationally recognised and accepted standard
- Easily assessed with existing management systems
- Skilled auditors who are trained for various systems
- Consistency in audit methodology
- Duplication of similar elements of each standard is avoided
Intertek Moody remains as a recognised and highly respected worldwide organisation renowned for its approach and service quality. The well-qualified auditors work with clients to ensure the management systems are effectively maintained and continuously improved to meet customers' growing expectations.