IECQ Hazardous Substance Process Management (HSPM) QC 080000 Certification Scheme
In October 2005, IEC Quality Assessment System for Electronic Components (IECQ) published IECQ HSPM QC080000 specification Hazardous Substance Process Management Requirements (HSPM) which aims to help the electronics industry effectively manage and control hazardous substances present in component parts and products and to demonstrate its ability to meet the compliance requirements of international, national, and local specifications and regulations such as RoHS and the WEEE Directives.
Frame and Contents of the Standard
Designed as a supplementary technical framework for the requirements of ISO9001, the frame and structure of the IECQ HSPM QC 080000 specification is in fact the same as ISO9001. It does however stipulate some specific control requirements related to specific sections of ISO9001. All these specific requirements are related to the management of Hazardous Substances (HS). IECQ requires that the HSPM certification should be based on the implementation of a QMS.
Applicable organisations are manufacturers of electronic and electrical products, components, parts and raw materials.
Benefits to a Company
IECQ HSPM QC08000 Certification has been introduced by the international organisation IECQ which is rich in electrical talent and experience, the IECQ HSPM QC080000 scheme can bring the following, (but not limited to) benefits:
- IECQ has 30 years' experience in managing IEC's certification programme for electronic components, processes and related materials. Certificates which bear the IEC and IECQ logo have worldwide authority and recognition
Effects and Efficiency
- To enhance an organisation's capability in hazardous substances management
- To enhance an organisation's capability to control the risks associated with hazardous substances
- To reduce the risk of violating laws and regulations relating to hazardous substances
- To enhance the competitive position of an organisation and its products
- To enhance the satisfaction of an organisation's customers
- To demonstrate an organisation's credentials in environmental protection and to positively promote its image
- To reduce the need for, or act as a substitute for, a compliance test / audit by a local governmental body
- To simplify, or act as a substitute for, a compliance test / audit by a supplier
- To strengthen the performance of an ISO9001 Quality Management System
The processing of IECQ HSPM QC08000 certification is similar to that of ISO9001, the steps are as follows:
Application > Contract Assign > Audit Program > Conduct Audit (Stage 1 and Stage 2) > Certificate Issue.
A certificate is valid for three years and any certified facility and stakeholder can access the IECQ official website: www.certificats.iecq.org to view a certified organizations certificate.
The Intertek Moody IECQ QC 080000 contact person is:
Mr. Liu Kuiyang, IECQ HSPM QC 080000 Technical Manager
Phone: +86 21 50273066 | E-mail: ky.liumoodyint.com