If you are unable to view the eReporting video above, please contact us at eReporting@moodyint.com and we will send you a copy of the video. Please ensure you include all contact details in your request (name, address, email, telephone).
"An electronic media-based system empowers Technical Specialists to compile inspection reports in the field by following product-related inspection protocols and generating complete reports in real-time for review and transmission to clients."
Intertek Moody recognises that clients in all industries need to know, in real-time rather than long after the inspection activity, what is happening during the manufacture or processing of their procured equipment. Report quality, accuracy, timeliness and consistency are fundamental in reflecting progress of current contracts.
This new system addresses some of the challenges of global sourcing of equipment. To meet these reporting needs, Intertek Moody has taken the lead by developing a fully integrated electronic reporting system to complement its unique global work flow management system 'Evolution'. The Intertek Moody eReporting system does not simply capture inspection data, however via proprietary protocols, it generates comprehensive narrative-based inspection reports for clients.
eReporting Capabilities and Benefits Include:
- Ability for inspection related data to be captured directly while inspection / monitoring is taking place
- Access to the system via multiple platforms reflecting available communication channels, local security restrictions, and environment
- Comprehensive report generation from minimal data entry
- Real-time report submission to Intertek Moody and / or client, while still at manufacturing / processing facility
- Ability to capture data in local languages with report issue in English
- Logic-driven inspection protocols that reflect exact scenario / inspection sequences and all possible variations, driving the inspection process and ensuring consistency of inspection
- Generation of inspection reports that capture all required data and reporting in a complex, dedicated narrative format that is of value to the client (i.e. not simply tick box statements)
- Integral photograph and signature capture
- Complete inspection report generation from a single device
- Report customisation to accommodate client formats and specific inspection needs
- Inspection report transfer via non-standard channels (telecom networks or internet)
1. Handheld Device
The handheld device is portable, rugged, water and dust resistant. Data entry is via a full qwerty keyboard and / or touch screen and the device also includes features such as a camera and document scanner. Inspection reports can be submitted via multiple channels including telecom networks, bluetooth and wireless.
2. Laptop / PC
A standalone laptop variant is also available where handheld devices are not appropriate, applying identical inspection protocols with automated revision control and report submission when synchronized with the system.
3. Internet Portal
Where a handheld device or laptop computer is not accessible, direct access to a dedicated Intertek Moody internet portal enables reports to be created directly online by applying the same inspection protocols / logic. The portal enables report-reviewed editing of input and output data, with complete reports being transmitted to clients in PDF, HTML or Microsoft Word formats.
The eReporting system integrates with Intertek Moody's unique worldwide operational management software 'Evolution' to ensure reports are completed in real-time in any global location, and can be received by clients anywhere in the world. Using this technology correct inspection protocols and specific reporting requirements can be assigned to the correct Technical Specialist directly to the hand held device or laptop / portal.
Inspection Protocol Generation
Each client, contract or type of equipment has its own specific inspection requirements, practices and acceptance criteria. To address all needs, internal and client-based Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are employed to define the inspection requirements, processes, verifications, acceptance criteria, and the client-specific interests to ensure the correct protocol for the client project and equipment to be inspected.
Protocols for vendor-related inspection activities are suitable for the prime inspection activities related to the following product types:
- Pressure Vessels / Containing Equipment
- Piping and Piping Systems
- Skids and Assemblies
- Rotating Machinery
- Electrical Equipment
System capability is suitable for both expediting and audit-related services.
Client Preferred Report Formats
Upon receipt of the Microsoft Word client report format, the template can be uploaded onto the eReporting system and 'tagged' to enable the correct inspection report information to be reported instantaneously. Equally so, where a client has specific additional inspection needs this can be added to the inspection protocol and issued / targeted direct to the device / platform to be used by the identified Technical Specialist. This guarantees receipt verification and installation / application before commencement of inspection.
Intertek Moody's new eReporting inspection system reduces transmission time between inspection location and client from hours to minutes!
Whether you have in country or international inspection needs, Intertek Moody leads the industry with a unique reporting solution that informs clients of inspection activities as they happen.
If you have any questions about this industry-first system and how it can help accelerate your purchasing and quality decisions, please contact us at
Click here to view and print an eReporting color brochure. (700K pdf)